This one-day workshop will show you how to create publications and blog posts that are interesting, relevant and engaging.
The course is delivered by leading writing professionals with direct experience for writing content for the web. You will be trained in developing your writing style to produce content for online publications and websites.
What to expect
Our tailored course will be delivered by professional writers who will you help you develop your ideas and enhance your own writing style. Using a mix of examples, discussions and exercises, ‘Writing compelling online content’ takes you through every aspect of finding, adapting, writing and illustrating content people want to read.
Working with your own and a selection of other company publications and blogs, you’ll analyse what makes content newsworthy and engaging. You’ll develop a new piece of content from scratch and take part in at least two writing exercises. You’ll receive encouraging feedback from your trainer and other members of the workshop. And you’ll work in groups to create the best design and layout for your new content.
To ensure everyone receives personal guidance and feedback, this workshop is limited to only six participants.
Who should attend
- Communications and PR professionals
- Press and PR officers
- Content writers
- Marketing professionals
- HR professionals with responsibility for writing communications
All Participants Receive:
- Examples of good and bad writing
- Three different writing templates
- Workshop manual
- Printed copy of trainer’s presentation slides
You will learn:
- What makes content engaging
- How to find and create interesting material
- How to avoid ‘dull’ or ‘dry’ stories
- What structure template to use for different types of content
- How to ensure key message stand out
- The difference between news stories and feature articles
- How to write attention-grabbing headlines
- How to write a clear and concise opening paragraph
- The difference between writing for print and writing for online
- The purpose of photos, illustrations, captions and other design techniques
- How to make your content look engaging on the page and screen
Book This Course
Use this form to book, or call us now on 01628 474 154 to discuss the best option for your organisation.
Need something different?
We deliver tailored training across the UK and internationally.
If you have three or more people who require this course, ask us about an in-house training programme. It will be more cost effective, and save you the effort of travelling.
We will bring our equipment, materials and cameras to your own premises. We tailor the training to you and your organisation.
Get in touch or call us now to discuss the best option for your organisation.
Tel: 01628 474154