Select Committee TrainingFacing a House of Commons Select Committee can be daunting for even the most experienced Chief Executive. Keeping your cool under the glare of a Select Committee’s hostile, even aggressive, line of questioning isn’t easy. Personal as well as corporate reputations are at stake and the potential for intense media scrutiny is high. Learn MoreEnquire Now
This one to one coaching will prepare you practically for this challenging process.
There’s far too much at stake to risk trying to “wing it” at a Select Committee or go in only partially prepared. We research the make-up of the Select Committee, provide a full analysis, brief your spokespeople and offer full “Inquisition style” training. This will be recorded on TV cameras and played back with full video analysis and feedback till you feel comfortable with the proceedings and with your answers to the toughest of questions.
The aim is to help provide you with the skills knowledge and confidence to handle all types of questions with authority, clarity and credibility.
What to expect
We recommend one to one coaching on this half day session. We can do this remotely or in person. The session will be is tailored to you and your specific scenarios. We cover both theory and practical. We focus on thorough preparation including realistic, stimulating and challenging rehearsals so that you are ready to face even the most awkward questions with confidence.
Who should attend?
- Chief Executives
- Executive Management Team
- Company Chairperson
- Board Members
- Company Directors
- Senior Civil Servants
Get the best from this course
- We deliver this one to one confidential coaching session either face to face or remotely. We will liaise with you prior to the coaching to tailor the session and prepare tailored practical exercises scenarios.
All Participants Receive
- Recpordings of practical exercises
- Workshop Handouts
- Additional support at short notice
- Provide a full analysis of the Committee, including its members and MPs
- Develop a strategy for you
- Compile a list of questions which could come your way
- Rehearse you in front of cameras in a “mock up” of the Committee with full video playback analysis
- Work with you till you are comfortable with the proceedings and with the answers to the toughest of questions
Book This Course
Use this form to book, or call us now on 01628 474 154 to discuss the best option for your organisation.
Need something different?
We deliver tailored training across the UK and internationally.
If you have three or more people who require this course, ask us about an in-house training programme. It will be more cost effective, and save you the effort of travelling.
We will bring our equipment, materials and cameras to your own premises. We tailor the training to you and your organisation.
Get in touch or call us now to discuss the best option for your organisation.
Tel: 01628 474154