We’ve found that online training works best as shorter sessions in smaller groups.
We usually take just two or three people and deliver the training over three hours. We still tailor your training and include practical media interviews with playback and analysis.
This workshop combines theory with practical realistic media interviews. You will develop your media handling skills easily and quickly. We tailor a range of interview scenarios, specifically for you.
You will learn how to identify your key messages and how to promote the good news within your organisation. You will learn techniques to help you handle crisis situations, how to keep the media under control and prevent a serious situation turning into a media circus.
You’ll take part in realistic media interviews with tailored scenarios and playback analysis that will prepare you for all types of print, radio and television interviews. We alert you to the pitfalls, show how to stay on message and how to avoid those tricky journalistic traps that can so easily snare even seasoned media performers.
What do you need?
A computer or mobile device with reliable internet access, a comfy chair and a headset if you have one.
We will also provide simple, clear notes, both before and after the course to each participant. We can also provide the recorded training session, should you need to revisit your training.
How do you access the online training
Just like a webinar, we will send you the login details and you will need to log in using those instructions. This virtual classroom can be delivered as tailored training for your own organisation, or join one of our open courses on the dates below.
What to expect
This short media training course is delivered on Zoom. We cover a short theory session followed by a much longer practical session, interspersed with tips and advice. You will take part in realistic media interviews. Each interview is recorded and played back for analysis. Our open courses are tailored to each participant, with individual interview scenarios devised for each person. We can take a maximum of three participants per course. We send out pre course questionnaires to help us tailor the training so that you get exactly what you need.
Who should attend
- Chief Executives and Directors
- Senior Managers
- Key Spokespeople
- Newly appointed managers
- A recording with all their interviews
- Workshop materials
- Media Interview rule book and handy tips card to help with future media interviews
- Written assessments if required
- A certificate of attendance if required
Get the best from this course
- We will liaise with your Communications team to devise tailored media interviews scenarios
- Please complete your pre-course questionnaire so that we can cover any specific issues
- Bring or forward any previous recorded broadcast media interviews if relevant
- We restrict the numbers to just six people per course to make sure that you get plenty of time for the practical media interviews, playback analysis and the one to one tuition
You will learn
- How the media works today
- What makes a news story
- To generate news interest in your activities
- The importance of social media, the “citizen” journalist and video usage
- Key principles of dealing with the media
- How to protect and enhance your reputation
- How to use the Communications Team effectively
- To prepare for print and broadcast Interviews
- Identify and develop your own key messages
- Deliver effective interviews for print radio and Television
- Use the media to promote your success stories
- Take control of crisis & success media interviews
- Tips on voice – for radio and visual presentation – for television
Book This Course
Use this form to book, or call us now on 01628 474 154 to discuss the best option for your organisation.