When a crisis strikes you need to be able to react quickly and communicate confidently, safeguarding your reputation, your business and your position.
Let us lead you through the media minefield. Learn universal techniques that can minimise the impact of bad news and protect your reputation. We give you universal techniques that can be used in any crisis or severe issue. Using video playback analysis, we ask you to take part in a series of media interviews, tailored to meet the needs of your organisation in crisis management situations.
We will research your issues and prepare you for almost every eventuality connected to your crisis issues as well as give you a structure and set of tools to conduct successful media relations in the future.
If you are experiencing a crisis now and require support please contact us.
Our remote media training closely replicates the experience of face-to-face training. You will see, hear and be able to speak to the trainer, interact with other delegates and complete activities online throughout. We’ve found that this type of training works best as shorter sessions for in smaller groups.
What do you need?
A computer or mobile device with reliable internet access, a comfy chair and a headset if you have one.
We will also provide simple, clear notes, both before and after the course to each participant. We can also provide the recorded training session, should you need to revisit your training.
How do you access the online training
Just like a webinar, we will send you the login details and you will need to log in using those instructions. This virtual classroom can be delivered as tailored training for your own organisation, or join one of our open courses on the dates below.
What to expect
This short course is delivered on Zoom. We cover a short theory session followed by a much longer practical session, interspersed with tips and advice. You will take part in realistic media interviews, Each interview is recorded and played back for analysis. Our open courses are tailored to each participant, with individual interview scenarios devised for each person. We can take a maximum of six participants per course. We send out pre course questionnaires to help us tailor the training so that you get exactly what you need.
Who should attend
- Chief Executives, Chairs, Directors and Senior Managers
- Head of Services and on-call managers
- Headteachers and senior teaching staff
- Anyone with a media-facing role
- Anyone involved in emergency planning
- A recording with all their interviews
- Workshop materials
- Media Interview rule book and handy tips card to help with future media interviews
- Written assessments if required
- A certificate of attendance if required
Get the best from this course:
- We will liaise with your Communications team to devise tailored media interviews scenarios
- Please complete your pre-course questionnaire so that we can cover any specific issues
- Bring or forward any previous recorded broadcast media interviews if relevant
- We restrict the numbers to just six people per course to make sure that you get plenty of time for the practical media interviews, playback analysis and the one to one tuition
You will learn:
- How the Media works today
- What makes a news story
- To generate news interest in your activities
- The importance of social media, the “citizen” journalist and video usage
- Key principles of dealing with the media
- How to protect and enhance your reputation
- How to use the Communications Team effectively
- To prepare for print and broadcast Interviews
- Identify and develop your own key messages
- Deliver effective interviews for print radio and Television
- Use the media to promote your success stories
- Take control of crisis & success media interviews
- Tips on voice – for radio and visual presentation – for television
Book This Course
Use this form to book, or call us now on 01628 474 154 to discuss the best option for your organisation.