The ‘Public Speaking and Presentation Skills’ course will set you at ease. You will learn how to deliver talks for small meetings, larger conferences and formal presentations to your colleagues.
We also cover handling those awkward questions from the floor and appearing to “think on your feet”. The workshop is designed to help complete beginners and people who want to strengthen their existing skills to create a more professional impact.
The course is highly practical and interactive, We will give each participant, the opportunity to practise and fine tune his or her presentation, using our valuable learning tool-DO LEARN DO-where you acquire and master a difficult skill by practising it over and again.
What to expect
The full day course is divided into two sessions, a short theory session followed by a much longer practical session, interspersed with tips and advice. You will take part in at least three practical exercises, developing and enhancing your messages, presenting in public and handling questions from the floor.
All exercises are reviewed and analysed. Our open courses are tailored to each participant. Pre course questionnaires are send out before to help us tailor the training. We can take a maximum of six participants per course. We send out pre course questionnaires to help us
tailor the training so that you get exactly what you need from the day.
Who should attend?
- Directors and Senior Managers
- Managers and aspiring leaders
- Senior Officers and Cabinet Members
- Key Spokespeople
- Anyone who has to address large or small groups in formal or informal settings
All Participants Receive
- A recording of with all performances
- Workshop handouts
- Written confidential feedback, if required
- Certificate, if required
You will learn
- Plan and prepare systematically for all types of presentation from large groups, to one-to-ones
- Get your message across with more professionalism
- Deal with challenging people and difficult situations
- Focus attention on the key issues so your audience will accept your message
- Prepare and use visual aids correctly
- Overcome nerves when presenting
- Handle awkward, sometimes hostile, questions from the floor
- Communicate complex ideas in Plain English, simply and effectively to the public
- Develop consistent key messages so that all spokespeople sing from the same hymn sheet
- Deliver these key messages to an audience
- Deal with challenging behaviour and awkward audiences
Book This Course
Use this form to book, or call us now on 01628 474 154 to discuss the best option for your organisation.
Need something different?
We deliver tailored training across the UK and internationally.
If you have three or more people who require this course, ask us about an in-house training programme. It will be more cost effective, and save you the effort of travelling.
We will bring our equipment, materials and cameras to your own premises. We tailor the training to you and your organisation.
Get in touch or call us now to discuss the best option for your organisation.
Tel: 01628 474154