Our combined Public Speaking and Media Interview Skills course will empower you with the skills that you need to present with impact, handle questions from the floor and deal with challenging media interviews.
You will also learn techniques for reducing nerves, indeed harnessing your nervous energy to your advantage, as well as acquiring the ability to relax under pressure. We show you how to prepare, plan and take control of all types of presentations, building confidence and competence.
We include plenty of practical exercises and one to one tuition, making the training highly relevant, challenging and stimulating.
What to expect
The full day course is divided into two sessions; the first covers all aspects of public speaking, from developing your key messages, to handling difficult questions and dealing with challenging behaviour and awkward people. We show you how to prepare, plan and take control of all types of presentations, building confidence and competence.
The second session uses the same subject matters and scenarios, but concentrates on presenting them to a lager audience. Both sessions are filled with tips and advice.
You will take part in a series of practical exercises including presentation skills, answering challenging questions from the floor and media interviews. We record all practical exercises and play them back for analysis.
Our open courses are tailored to each participant, with individual interview scenarios devised for each person. We can take a maximum of six participants per course. We send out pre course questionnaires to help us tailor the training so that you get exactly what you need from the day.
Who should attend?
- Directors and Senior Managers
- Clinicians and Hospital Managers
- Senior Officers and Cabinet Members Key spokespeople
- Anyone who needs to deliver difficult messages at public meetings
All Participants Receive
- A recording of all performances
- Workshop handouts
- Media Interview rule book and handy tips card
- Written confidential feedback, if required
- Certificate, if required
You will learn
- How to prepare your key messages for your presentations
- Making the mundane interesting
- Find the human interest in your research, product or organisation
- Communicate key facts, using examples and case studies
- Improve proactive communication of your achievements
- Understand how to put over a positive image of your organisation
- Enhance communication of key messages
- Learn how to communicate complex ideas, in plain English, simply and effectively to the public
- Develop consistent key messages so that all spokespeople sing from the same hymn sheet
- Develop the skills for effective media interviews
- Learn the techniques for taking control of media interviews
- Practice difficult interviews with challenging material
- Become an effective communicator
Book This Course
Use this form to book, or call us now on 01628 474 154 to discuss the best option for your organisation.
Need something different?
We deliver tailored training across the UK and internationally.
If you have three or more people who require this course, ask us about an in-house training programme. It will be more cost effective, and save you the effort of travelling.
We will bring our equipment, materials and cameras to your own premises. We tailor the training to you and your organisation.
Get in touch or call us now to discuss the best option for your organisation.
Tel: 01628 474154