Public Consultation and Media Interview Skills
Achieving a positive outcome is easier if you are well prepared
Our combined Media Training and Public Speaking course is designed specifically for Key Spokespeople, who need to communicate complex messages to a variety of challenging audiences.
You will learn how to prepare, plan and take control of media Interviews, as well has develop key messages and communicate potentially controversial proposals during consultations and public meetings.
What to expect
The full day course is divided into two sessions, the first covers media interview techniques, the second uses the same subject matters and scenarios, but concentrates on presenting them to a lager audience. Both sessions are filled with tips and advice. You will take part in a series of practical exercises including media interviews, presentation skills and answering challenging questions from the floor. All exercises are reviewed and analysed.
Our open courses are tailored to each participant, with individual interview scenarios devised for each person. We can take a maximum of six participants per course. We send out pre course questionnaires to help us tailor the training so that you get exactly what you need from the day.
Who should attend?
- Directors and Senior Managers
- Clinicians and Hospital Managers
- Senior Officers and Cabinet Members
- Key Spokespeople
All Participants Receive
- A recording with all performances
- Workshop handouts
- Media Interview rule book and handy tips card to help with future media interviews
- Written confidential feedback, if required
- Certificate, if required
You will learn
- Enhance communication of key messages around your Consultation
- Learn how to communicate complex ideas, simply and effectively to the public
- Develop consistent key messages so that all spokespeople sing from the same hymn sheet
- Deliver these key messages to an audience
- Deliver these messages to the media through interviews
- Learn how to handle difficult and sometimes hostile questions from the floor
- Deal with challenging behaviour and awkward audiences
- Develop the skills for effective media interviews
- Handle difficult interviews with challenging material
- Use the media to promote your success stories
- Take control of crisis & success media interviews
- Tips on voice – for radio and visual presentation for television.
- Improve proactive communication of your achievements
- Put over a positive image of your organisation
Book This Course
Use this form to book, or call us now on 01628 474 154 to discuss the best option for your organisation.
Need something different?
We deliver tailored training across the UK and internationally.
If you have three or more people who require this course, ask us about an in-house training programme. It will be more cost effective, and save you the effort of travelling.
We will bring our equipment, materials and cameras to your own premises. We tailor the training to you and your organisation.
Get in touch or call us now to discuss the best option for your organisation.
Tel: 01628 474154