This workshop will sharpen your communication tools and teach you the techniques that you need to thrive in PR.
Our emphasis is on being proactive and news reactive helping you understand the potential news value within your organisation. We will help you with “creating the news” – turning everyday activities into newsworthy stories, campaigns and copy.
We cover the whole process of proactivity, from highlighting the idea, writing the press release, making the follow up call to the journalist, to handling the press enquiry and interview. This course combines both theory and more hands-on, practical activities.
What to expect
The full day course is divided into two sessions, a Proactive PR session followed by a Campaign Management session, each filled with tips and advice. You will take part in at least three practical exercises, writing press releases, strategy development and briefing spokespeople.
All exercises are reviewed and analysed. Our open courses are tailored to each participant. You will develop the writing, planning and relationship building skills needed for a successful PR career.
We can take a maximum of six participants per course. We send out pre course questionnaires to help us tailor the training so that you get exactly what you need from the day.
Who should attend
- PR Professionals
- Communication Leads
- Press Officers
- PR Managers
All Participants Receive
- A recording of practical exercises
- Workshop materials and media Interview rulebook and handy tips card
- Press release templates
- Written assessments if required
- A certificate of attendance if required
You will learn
- Identify positive news and feature opportunities
- Write effective press releases
- Develop a PR plan
- Develop the business case to get Leadership Team “buy-in”
- Assess the needs of a campaign
- Work out objectives
- Develop PR strategies
- Action the plan — ie conducting a successful programme
- Measure results
- Handle media enquiries
- Make effective “media sell-in” calls to journalists
- Brief spokespeople prior to media interviews
- Improve proactive communication of your achievements
Book This Course
Use this form to book, or call us now on 01628 474 154 to discuss the best option for your organisation.
Need something different?
We deliver tailored training across the UK and internationally.
If you have three or more people who require this course, ask us about an in-house training programme. It will be more cost effective, and save you the effort of travelling.
We will bring our equipment, materials and cameras to your own premises. We tailor the training to you and your organisation.
Get in touch or call us now to discuss the best option for your organisation.
Tel: 01628 474154