This workshop will give you the skills that you need to face the media with energy, enthusiasm and confidence.
The emphasis is on being proactive and news reactive helping you understand the potential news value within your organisation. We will help you with “creating the news” – turning everyday activities into newsworthy stories, campaigns and copy. We cover the whole process of proactivity, from highlighting the idea, writing the press release, making the follow up call to the journalist, to handling the press enquiry and interview. This course combines both PR and media interview skills.
What to expect
The full day course is divided into two sessions, a Proactive PR session followed by a media Interview skills session, each filled with tips and advice. You will take part in several practical exercises, writing press releases, strategy development and briefing spokespeople followed by practical media interviews in the afternoon. All exercises are reviewed and analysed. Our open courses are tailored to each participant. We can take a maximum of six participants per course. We send out pre course questionnaires to help us tailor the training so that you get exactly what you need from the day.
Who should attend
- PR Professionals
- Communication Leads
- Press Officers
- Marketing and Communications professionals
All Participants Receive
- A recording with all their interviews
- Workshop materials
- Media Interview rule book and handy tips card to help with future media interviews
- Written assessments if required
- A certificate of attendance if required
Get the best from the course
- Please bring any press releases, ideas for stories or PR campaigns that you are working on
- Do complete your pre-course questionnaire so that we can cover any specific issues
- We restrict the numbers to just six people per course to make sure that you get plenty of time for the practical media interviews, playback analysis and the one to one tuition
You will learn
- Identify positive news and feature opportunities
- Write effective press releases
- Develop a PR plan
- Develop the business case to get Leadership Team “buy-in”
- Assess the needs of a campaign
- Work out objectives
- Develop PR strategies
- Action the plan — ie conducting a successful programme
- Measure results
- Be proactive with the media
- Use the media to promote your success stories effectively
- Handle success and crisis media interviews
- Become an effective media communicator
Book This Course
Use this form to book, or call us now on 01628 474 154 to discuss the best option for your organisation.
Need something different?
We deliver tailored training across the UK and internationally.
If you have three or more people who require this course, ask us about an in-house training programme. It will be more cost effective, and save you the effort of travelling.
We will bring our equipment, materials and cameras to your own premises. We tailor the training to you and your organisation.
Get in touch or call us now to discuss the best option for your organisation.
Tel: 01628 474154