Whether you have to handle challenging media interviews or need to create compelling video content, this course will help you get your message across with style and confidence.
What to expect
This full day combined course is divided into two sessions.
We start with the media training. You learn how to prepare your key messages and how to take control of media interviews. You will then take part in a series of practical media interviews. We cover print, radio and television interviews. Each media interview is recorded and played back for analysis.
We show how to apply these media skills when you are presenting to camera. You will learn how to prepare and plan your video presentations. Our technique is “guided presentations”. We use a journalist style of questioning to help participants understand how to deliver confident, engaging and compelling content.
We concentrate on the stories behind your presentations, showing you how to bring them to life through human interest and tangible benefits.
Our training courses are tailored to each participant, with individual interview scenarios devised for each person. We can take a maximum of six participants per course. We send out pre-course questionnaires to help us tailor the training so that you get exactly what you need from the day.
Who should attend
- Chief Executives and Directors
- Senior Managers
- Key Spokespeople
- Newly appointed managers
- Anyone who needs to present to camera or handle media interviews
All Particpants Receive
- A recording with all their media interviews
- Workshop materials
- Media Interview rule book and handy tips card to help with future media interviews
- Written assessments if required
- A certificate of attendance if required
Get the best from this course
- We will liaise with your Communications team to devise tailored media interviews scenarios
- Please complete your pre-course questionnaire so that we can cover any specific issues
- Bring or forward any previous recorded broadcast media interviews if relevant
- We restrict the numbers to just six people per course to make sure that you get plenty of time for the practical media interviews, playback analysis and the one to one tuition
You will learn
- How the Media works today
- What makes a news story
- How to generate news interest in your activities
- The importance of social media, the “citizen” journalist and video usage
- The key principles of dealing with the media
- How to protect and enhance your reputation
- How to prepare for media interviews.
- How to use the media to promote your success stories
- How to take control of crisis & success media interviews
- How to present to camera with confidence
- How to plan and prepare your presentation
- Identify and communicate your key messages
- Hone your messages and get them across with more professionalism.
- Focus attention on the key issues so your audience will accept your message
- Overcome nerves when presenting
- Look good on camera –eye contact, posture and body language
- Sound good – Voice control, pitch, pace and tone
Book This Course
Use this form to book, or call us now on 01628 474 154 to discuss the best option for your organisation.
Need something different
We deliver tailored training across the UK and internationally.
If you have three or more people who require this course, ask us about an in-house training programme. It will be more cost effective, and save you the effort of travelling.
We will bring our equipment, materials and cameras to your own premises. We tailor the training to you and your organisation.
Get in touch or call us now to discuss the best option for your organisation.
Tel: 01628 474154