Get your stories the publicity they deserve. Keep in control during a crisis.
This course is the ideal way to update your proactive PR skills and refresh your approach to crisis media management. Filled with tips and advice, our tailored training will inspire you with ideas to raise your positive profile. You will also learn how to prepare effectively for a crisis.
We take you through the process of identifying success stories and making these stories interesting to your target audiences.
This workshop will boost you confidence and assertiveness skills, enabling you to engage with the media, plan your media campaigns and write press releases that truly attract attention.
We focus on your target audiences and their preferred media. You learn how to build your media contacts and to write press releases that actually appeal to them. We explore your stories, pulling apart their content and finding the story that will make it newsworthy. You then learn the how, when and where of contacting the media, to make sure that you get the best possible media coverage.
In the afternoon you brush up your crisis media management skills. We help you to prepare for almost every eventuality connected to any crisis issue as well as give you a structure and set of tools to conduct successful media relations in future.
What to expectThe full day course is divided into two sessions, a Proactive PR session followed by a Crisis Management session, each session tailored to you.You will take part in several practical exercises, which are reviewed and analysed. Our open courses are tailored to each participant, with individual interview scenarios devised for each person.We can take a maximum of six participants per course. We send out pre course questionnaires to help us tailor the training so that you get exactly what you need from the day.
Who should attend
- PR Professionals
- Communication Leads
- Press Officers
- PR Managers
All Participants Receive:
- A recording of practical exercises
- Press release templates
- Workshop materials and media Interview rulebook and handy tips card to help with future media interviews
- Written assessments if required
- A certificate of attendance if required
You will learn:
- How to find stories and make them interesting to journalists
- To create and manage your media contact list
- Building relationships with journalists
- The who, where and when of managing the release of news
- Write effective press releases
- Write eye catching headlines
- Handle journalists enquiries
- To develop successful media strategies
- Making social media work for your campaigns
- Meeting your objectives and getting your corporate message across
- Handle unfair coverage
- Identify possible causes of crisis
- Spot a potential crisis
- Formulate crisis management strategies
- Build a crisis management team
- Brief your spokespeople and other staff
- How to develop your crisis materials eg holding statements and Q&A sheets
Book This Course
Use this form to book, or call us now on 01628 474 154 to discuss the best option for your organisation.
Need something different?
We deliver tailored training across the UK and internationally.
If you have three or more people who require this course, ask us about an in-house training programme. It will be more cost effective, and save you the effort of travelling.
We will bring our equipment, materials and cameras to your own premises. We tailor the training to you and your organisation.
Get in touch or call us now to discuss the best option for your organisation.
Tel: 01628 474154