When a crisis strikes you need to act fast and communicate confidently, safeguarding your reputation and your business.
Let us lead you through the crisis media minefield. Learn universal techniques that can minimise the impact of bad news and protect your reputation. We give you universal techniques that can be used in any crisis or severe issue. Using video playback analysis, we ask you to take part in a series of crisis media interviews, tailored to meet the needs of your organisation in crisis management situations.
We will research your issues and prepare you for almost every eventuality connected to your crisis issues as well as give you a structure and set of tools to conduct successful media relations in the future.
If you are experiencing a media crisis now and require support please go to our Crisis PR Support page to see how we can help you.
What to expect
The full day course is divided into two sessions, a short theory session followed by a much longer practical session, interspersed with tips and advice. You will take part in at least three practical exercises, including developing an action plan, dealing with door stepping journalists and handling live media interviews. Each activity is recorded and played back for analysis.
Our open courses are tailored to each participant, with individual media interview scenarios devised for each person. We can take a maximum of six participants per course. We send out pre-course questionnaires to help us tailor the crisis communications training so that you get exactly what you need from the day.
Who should attend
- Chief Executives, Chairs, Directors and Senior Managers
- Head of Services and on-call managers
- Headteachers and senior teaching staff
- Anyone with a media-facing role
- Anyone involved in emergency planning
All Participants Receive:
- A recording of practical exercises
- Workshop materials and media Interview rulebook and handy tips card to help with future media interviews
- Written assessments if required
- A certificate of attendance if required
You will learn:
- How to prepare for a crisis
- How to identify the issues that could hit you
- Build a crisis management team
- What material you need and how to prepare materials
- The importance of social media, the “citizen” journalist and video usage
- Develop crisis management strategies and action plan
- Formulate key messages
- Use our 3 R formula
- Identify your audience and your crisis spokespeople
- Handle all types of Crisis media interviews
Book This Course
Use this form to book, or call us now on 01628 474 154 to discuss the best option for your organisation.
Need something different?
We deliver tailored training across the UK and internationally.
If you have three or more people who require this course, ask us about an in-house training programme. It will be more cost effective, and save you the effort of travelling.
We will bring our equipment, materials and cameras to your own premises. We tailor the training to you and your organisation.
Get in touch or call us now to discuss the best option for your organisation.
Tel: 01628 474154