Not everyone needs to speak to the media in a crisis, but they do need to understand how to protect your reputation.
This informative and entertaining seminar gives a good insight into the workings of crisis driven media. You will learn how to spot and prevent a potential media crisis and how to deal with serious issues, including “door stepping journalists” and crisis driven media.
How it works
This three-hour seminar is designed to give a good overview of crisis driven media, show how to handle media enquiries and deal with door-stepping journalists. It is ideal as a half-day event or as a talk at your annual conference or networking event.
We include video clips to illustrate our points and encourage audience interaction. We usually ask for one, or more, volunteers to take part in a practice media interview. We would then reply the interview, highlighting the lessons to be learnt from this random example.
Who should attend
- Senior Managers and Leaders
- On-call Managers
All Participants Receive:
- Workshop materials and media Interview rulebook
- A certificate of attendance if required
Get the best from this course:
- Plan this as part of a conference or business networking event
- Use it as an introduction to the media for non-spokespeople, middle managers and other staff
- Liaise with us to ensure that the content is highly relevant
- Let us know the crises that could affect your organisation
- Keep the numbers to a maximum of twenty people on this bespoke seminar
You will learn:
- How the media works today
- How the media works in a crisis
- The issues that could hit you
- Working with your Communications Team
- Prevent or avert a potential media crisis.
- The impact of social media
- Our 3 R’s crisis media formula
- Dealing with door-stepping journalists
- The importance of respecting journalist deadlines
- How to communicate key messages about your issues
- How to get your major points across by being assertive in interviews
- To show grace and have confidence under pressure
- Show you how to sound authoritative and confident
- Confidence, being comfortable, body language
Book This Course
Use this form to book, or call us now on 01628 474 154 to discuss the best option for your organisation.
Need something different?
We deliver tailored training across the UK and internationally.
If you have three or more people who require this course, ask us about an in-house training programme. It will be more cost effective, and save you the effort of travelling.
We will bring our equipment, materials and cameras to your own premises. We tailor the training to you and your organisation.
Get in touch or call us now to discuss the best option for your organisation.
Tel: 01628 474154