This workshop is designed specifically for Key Spokespeople and Senior Managers, who have to communicate complex messages to a variety of challenging audiences.
It will help you handle the challenging, often controversial issues involved in Public Consultations. We cover Public Meetings, preparing key messaging, proactive communications, handling difficult questions and dealing with challenging behaviour and awkward people.
You will learn how to develop key messages and communicate potentially controversial proposals during Consultations and Public meetings. We also show how to speak with and listen to the Public, managing their concerns and expectations.
What to expect
The full day course is divided into two sessions, a short theory session followed by a much longer practical session, interspersed with tips and advice. You will take part in a series of practical exercises, designed to deepen your insight on how people perceive and respond to change. We include group discussions, helping you learn from each others experiences and previous outcomes are shared. We explore techniques that will increase engagement whilst reducing resistance. We also work on enhancing key messages, presenting key messages and handling questions from the floor.
All exercises are reviewed and analysed. Our open courses are tailored to each participant. We can take a maximum of six participants per course. We send out pre course questionnaires to help us tailor the training so that you get exactly what you need from the day.
Who should attend?
- Directors and Senior Managers
- Clinicians and Hospital Managers
- Anyone who has to deliver controversial changes or challenging messages
- Senior Officers and Cabinet Members
- Key Spokespeople
All Participants Receive
- A recording of all practical exercises
- Workshop handouts
- Media Interview rule book and handy tips card to help with future media interviews
- Written confidential feedback, if required
- Certificate, if required
You will learn
- Plan and prepare systematically for all types of presentation from large groups, to one-to-ones
- Prepare your message across with more professionalism
- Insightful concepts on change resistance and acceptance
- How to listen to concerns and address issues
- Manage expectations realistically
- Deal with challenging people and difficult situations
- Focus attention on the key issues so your audience will accept your message
- Sell-in change to your internal audience
- Handle awkward questions from the floor
Book This Course
Use this form to book, or call us now on 01628 474 154 to discuss the best option for your organisation.
Need something different?
We deliver tailored training across the UK and internationally.
If you have three or more people who require this course, ask us about an in-house training programme. It will be more cost effective, and save you the effort of travelling.
We will bring our equipment, materials and cameras to your own premises. We tailor the training to you and your organisation.
Get in touch or call us now to discuss the best option for your organisation.
Tel: 01628 474154