We start with an overview of the trade and national, print, broadcast and online media outlets that you are appropriate to you. We explore how you and others in your industry are currently placing articles, getting hits and gaining traction. We discuss strategies to enhance your media engagement
You learn how to enhance your key messages and your present views on trends, breaking news and research in your specialist subject.
We test these messages through a series of media interviews, and play them back for validity and impact. We would work with you to hone and enhance these messages before moving on to the questions/media interviews around your topic and potential media impact.
You learn how to enhance your reputation and raise awareness on your campaigns. You also learn how to remain cool and look authoritative on camera and in the media spotlight. We record every interview and analyse them to highlight positive and negative aspects. Our aim is to ensure that you are able to act as a credible media expert, handling media interviews and panel discussions confidently in your chosen field.
What to expect
The full day course is divided into two sessions, a short theory session followed by a much longer practical session, interspersed with tips and advice. You will take part in at least three “real life” media interviews, covering print, radio and television. Each interview is recorded and played back for analysis. Our open courses are tailored to each participant, with individual interview scenarios devised for each person. We can take a maximum of six participants per course. We send out pre course questionnaires to help us tailor the training so that you get exactly what you need from the day.
Who should attend
- Chief Executives and Directors
- Senior Managers
- Researchers and Industry Experts
- Experienced Key Spokespeople
All Participants Receive
- A recording of their interviews
- Workshop materials
- Media Interview rule book and handy tips card to help with future media interviews
- Written assessments if required
- A certificate of attendance if required
Get the best from the course
- Please bring plenty of ideas for stories and any previous press releases or recorded broadcast media interviews that you’ve done.
- We restrict the numbers to just four people per course to make sure that you get the one to one attention that you need.
You will learn
- Prepare for crisis– the basic tools
- Identify the kind of issues that could hit you
- Build a crisis management team
- Prepare materials
- Formulate key messages
- Use our 3 R formula (Regret, Reason and Remedy)
- Identify your audience and your crisis spokespeople
- The importance of social media, the “citizen” journalist and video usage
- Handle all types of Crisis Media Interviews
- Maintain control of media interviews
- Ensure your side of the story is heard
- Develop successful media handling skills
- Improve TV, radio and press interview technique
- Take control of media interviews
- Handle difficult interviews with challenging material
- Use media tools – such as holding statements and Q&A sheets
- Take control of crisis & success media interviews
- Tips on voice – for radio and visual presentation – for television
Book This Course
Use this form to book, or call us now on 01628 474 154 to discuss the best option for your organisation.
Need something different?
We deliver tailored training across the UK and internationally.
If you have three or more people who require this course, ask us about an in-house training programme. It will be more cost effective, and save you the effort of travelling.
We will bring our equipment, materials and cameras to your own premises. We tailor the training to you and your organisation.
Get in touch or call us now to discuss the best option for your organisation.
Tel: 01628 474154